Associate – New York NY
Thorofare Capital is an investment management firm that was formed in 2010 that, in December, 2021, sold a majority stake to Callodine Group. Thorofare Capital manages investments over $1.1B in AUM on behalf of third-party investors seeking exposure to real estate strategies with a primary focus on senior loan originations within the United States. Thorofare is an asset manager that utilizes a data-driven, analytical debt approach to identify macro trends with a focus on maximizing risk-adjusted investor returns. Thorofare’s investment team is long tenured with in-house expertise in originations, capital markets, development, and asset management capabilities.
Callodine Group is an asset management platform specializing in yield-oriented investment strategies. The firm has the ability to invest across the capital structure in multiple asset classes and pursues income-oriented investments that provide high cash yields with the potential for equity-like upside. Callodine’s asset management subsidiaries target investment strategies across public equities, private credit and real estate on behalf of its investor clients.
- Thorofare is seeking an Associate to join its originations team.
- The position will be based in Thorofare’s NYC office.
Job Responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Assist in all aspects of the deal origination process, including preparing financial models, structuring, term sheet and loan document negotiation, due diligence, and closing of investments.
- Working directly with Managing Directors to develop and maintain relationships with existing and new borrowers, brokers, & other sources of loan origination and other investment opportunities.
- Assist in the due diligence process, including presenting investment opportunities to Thorofare’s Investment Committee for approval.
- Coordinate and review third property reports including appraisals, environmental and property conditions reports, among others.
- Research and analyze macro-economic data. Research and analyze real estate market data (supply and demand, rental and occupancy). Monitor news feeds and disseminate news relating to real estate industry.
- Review leases and compare data sources. Assist our asset management team on process improvements.
Perform property tours of prospective or active investment and new business travel as required
- Complete ad-hoc assigned tasked as instructed by team head from time to time.
- Candidates should have a degree in Real Estate, Business, Finance, Economics, or its equivalent with a minimum of 3 years of work experience, preferably with exposure to the four major property types (office, retail, apartment & industrial) as well as experience with other asset classes such as hotel, storage, healthcare, etc. Construction financing experience a plus.
- Candidates should demonstrate an interest in both the financial and operational aspects of real estate.
Strong Microsoft Office skills, with a focus on Excel, knowledge of Argus Software a plus.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task & problem-solve.
- Exposure to legal documentation and due diligence in a transactional environment a plus
Ability to work on multiple transactions at a time in a fast paced, deadline-driven and entrepreneurial work environment.
- Candidates should be team players, possess a high level of initiative and be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org